Do you love spending hours in the sunshine beautifying and perfecting your landscape? Does all that work get destroyed by those pesky deer constantly roaming the yards of PA homeowners? Here are some plants that are sure to withstand those unwanted visitors!
Forsythia plants like:
- At least 6 hours of full sunlight
- Well-balanced soil pH
- Moist, but well-drained soil
Fun Fact: Forsythias are actually members of the olive tree family!
Geranium plants like:
- Lots of sun, but not always direct. They flourish and bloom in medium temperatures
- Relatively dry soil–they’re pretty drought resistant!
- Pots and other containers
Fun Fact: Geranium root is considered to be an effective holistic treatment for conjunctivitis (Please consult your doctor before trying that out at home!)
3. Echinacea (Cone Flowers)
- Full sun for 5+ hours. They will grow toward it!
- SPACE… these guys can grow up to 4 feet tall!
- Neutral soil with a pH of 7
Fun Fact: Echinacea blooms are actually made up of several small flowers, for maximum effectiveness in attracting insects
Clematis plants like:
- Cool soil
- A trellis, or other support system for the vine
Fun Fact: Clematis are closely related to Buttercups
Coreopsis flowers like:
- Full sun
- Seasonal pruning
- Limited fertilizer
Fun Fact: Coreopsis gets its name from the Greek word for “bed bug” because of the shape of it’s seed, which resembles an insect